City of Glendale Library Greeter
City of Glendale Library
The duties listed below are intended only as general illustrations of the various types of volunteer services that may be performed. Volunteers will not receive compensation for the services performed. Volunteer position descriptions are subject to change by the department as the needs of the department and requirements of the volunteer position change.
Volunteer Position Description:
Create a welcoming atmosphere by greeting library patrons, assisting with directional information, and assisting patrons utilize the Library technologies in the lobby.
Duties may involve activities such as:
- Greet library patrons
- Answers directional questions
- Provide high quality customer service
- Assist with self-checkout
- Direct patrons to appropriate staff for assistance
- Provides information about the library, such as upcoming programs and services
Helpful Skills for the Volunteer Role:
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Background in customer service is preferred
- Possess sensitivity and cultural awareness
- Ability to work independently
- Interaction with the non-native English speakers
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
More information & To Apply: glendaleazlibrary.com
About City of Glendale Library
5959 W Brown St, Glendale, AZ 85302, US
Our mission is to empower our community by providing free and equitable access to information, technology, cultural, educational and life-enhancing materials and services.
The City of Glendale has four library branches: Foothills, Heroes, Main and Velma Teague.