City of Glendale Library Computer Aide
City of Glendale Library
The duties listed below are intended only as general illustrations of the various types of volunteer services that may be performed. Volunteers will not receive compensation for the services performed. Volunteer position descriptions are subject to change by the department as the needs of the department and requirements of the volunteer position change.
Volunteer Position Description:
The volunteer will assist patrons by helping with basic computer program questions and troubleshooting techniques.
Duties may involve activities such as:
- Assist and instruct library patrons in use of library computers, email, software, electronic resources and general internet applications
- Assist with printing, copying, connecting to Wi-Fi and other basic computer issues
- Help patrons troubleshoot basic computer problems, utilizing library resources and personal strategies.
Helpful Skills for the Volunteer Role:
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Technologically proficient and knowledgeable of various computer applications, including Microsoft Office is required
- Understanding and ability to use basic web applications is required
- Background in customer service is preferred
- Possess sensitivity and cultural awareness
- Ability to work independently
More information & To Apply:
- Interaction with the non-native English speakers
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
About City of Glendale Library
5959 W Brown St, Glendale, AZ 85302, US
Our mission is to empower our community by providing free and equitable access to information, technology, cultural, educational and life-enhancing materials and services.
The City of Glendale has four library branches: Foothills, Heroes, Main and Velma Teague.