NHQ:IT - Enterprise Web Services - Code4Good Volunteer - Test Automation Specialist
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) team.
The American Red Cross Code4Good Project is a first-of-its-kind volunteer workforce that gives software engineers and engineering leaders an opportunity to support the Red Cross Mission. The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross Mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts. This is a remote volunteer-from-home opportunity, with virtual teams collaborating through JIRA, Git, Confluence, Slack, etc.
The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts.
- Prepare and execute testing strategies & develop manual and automated test plans for web applications
- Collaborate with a cross-functional scrum team in development activities
3-5 hours per week
- Minimum 2 yearrs’ experience as a test automation professional
- Excellent knowledge of methodologies and technologies in QA areas
- A sound technical understanding of relevant automated test tools and best practices
- Well-rounded experience with multiple operating systems, virtualization technologies, and test environments
- Good scripting and/or programming skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Access to cell phone, computer and reliable internet
- Experience with product delivery within an agile methodology framework
* Resume required
- Git, Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, or similar collaboration tools
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.