NHQ:IT - Enterprise Web Services - Code4Good Volunteer - Data Visualization Designer
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) team.
The American Red Cross Code4Good Project is a first-of-its-kind volunteer workforce that gives software engineers and engineering leaders an opportunity to support the Red Cross Mission. The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross Mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts. This is a remote volunteer-from-home opportunity, with virtual teams collaborating through JIRA, Git, Confluence, Slack, etc.
The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts.
- Make large and/or complex data more accessible, understandable, and usable through data visualizations - Deliver the data in a useful and appealing way to users
- Develop mockups and prototypes for charts and user interfaces in a web-based environment
3-5 hours per week
- 2+ years of professional experience in a data visualization role
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience with various project management and collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, Teams, Slack).
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and comfortable working remotely
- Access to cell phone, computer and reliable internet
- Git, Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, or similar collaboration tools
- Web UI design/development experience
- Product delivery within an agile methodology framework
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.