NHQ:IT - Enterprise Web Services - Code4Good Volunteer - Front-end Developer
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) team.
The American Red Cross Code4Good Project is a first-of-its-kind volunteer workforce that gives software engineers and engineering leaders an opportunity to support the Red Cross Mission. The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross Mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts. This is a remote volunteer-from-home opportunity, with virtual teams collaborating through JIRA, Git, Confluence, Slack, etc.
The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts.
- Working with clients to develop the overall look and design of a website
- Writing website code with programming languages such as HTML, C++ and Java
- Producing, maintaining and modifying websites and user interfaces
- Incorporating applications, graphics, audio and video clips into client websites
- Creating tools that enhance the user's website experience
- Ensuring websites are accessible across many platforms, including laptops and smartphones
- Routinely testing websites for ease of use, speed and other quality factors
- Fixing any website issues or bugs that arise
3-5 hours per week
- 2+ years’ professional experience in related role
- Understanding of key website design principles and SEO optimization
- Ability to use client input to create functional, creative and user-friendly webpages
- Ability to test and debug websites
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Observant and able to remain focused on tasks for long periods of time
- Access to cell phone, computer and reliable internet
- Resume Required
- Git, Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, or similar collaboration tools
- Product delivery within an agile methodology framework
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.