NHQ:IT - Enterprise Web Services - Code4Good Volunteer - API Developer
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) team.
The American Red Cross Code4Good Project is a first-of-its-kind volunteer workforce that gives software engineers and engineering leaders an opportunity to support the Red Cross Mission. The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross Mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts. This is a remote volunteer-from-home opportunity, with virtual teams collaborating through JIRA, Git, Confluence, Slack, etc.
The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts.
- Collaborating with data management teams regarding data services integrations, ETL technologies and data management best practices
- Review design documents and provide feedback on approach and estimates
- - Ensure that software meets or exceeds specific standards and user expectations
3-5 hours per week
- 2+ years’ experience in architecture planning within the context of mobile-first marketing and marketing operations platforms, including technologies such as Adobe Experience Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, .NET, and Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Strong knowledge of API development, java frameworks, web services and UI development
- Technical hands-on experience in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of software
- Access to cell phone and reliable internet
- Resume required
- Experience with Git, Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, or similar collaboration tools
- Product delivery within an agile methodology framework
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.