DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Medical Case Manager - Feline
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Medical Case Manager
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Medical Case Manager, you'll manage each pet’s medical plan with new fosters, and help ensure pets are receiving the care required for event and adoption eligibility, so they are ready for their forever home!
This role requires core organizational skills as you’ll determine each pet’s individual medical plan, through review of their medical history and current medical condition(s), and in accordance with DPA’s standard clearance requirements. You’ll record upcoming medical needs in an internal platform, as well provide email updates with foster representatives and relevant internal teams.
As a Medical Case Manager, you’ll also help educate fosters on the care of their pet, by serving as a point-of-contact for medical questions and protocol! Along with providing routine communication and updates on the pet’s medical plan, you’ll help determine appropriate home
care, as well as when to escalate to veterinary care, in collaboration with your foster representative and Medical team.
To be considered, please be sure to also complete our volunteer application athttps://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Reports to: Our Medical Director, Assistant Medical Directors, and VP of Animal Operations.
Works with: Foster, Foster Representatives, Medical Team, team leaders, and Adoption Counselors.
Work with other Medical Case Managers to handle responsibilities for DPA! pets .
- Determine each pet’s individual medical plan throughout foster care duration, in order to clear pets for events and adoption status (each plan will be based on the pet’s medical history, current medical condition, and standard clearance requirements as outlined by DPA!)
- Review and verify medical history records, itemized invoices, and case notes from veterinarians/shelters after each appointment, update medical plan as needed based on veterinary recommendations
- Log all pertinent information across multiple platforms (ShelterLuv, Google Sheets/Google Suite)
- Provide both proactive and routine check-ins with the foster to ensure they are on track with their pet’s medical plan: This includes communication for upcoming vet appointments, reviewing medical needs and medications post-appointment, and communicating changes in event/adoption eligibility
- Serve as a point-of-contact for medical questions, concerns, and protocol, and help determine when the foster should seek veterinary care. Typical questions include preventative care, common health risks, and housing requirements/solutions.
- Internal communication: Keep foster representative and relevant teams updated on case status, refer issues beyond the scope of this function to other volunteers, team leaders, or directors for further processing
- Additional: Assist with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- HS graduate (or equivalent) with some related animal/rescue group experience
- One year of customer service experience.
- Experience as pet owner and knowledge of basic healthcare needs a plus!
- Six month minimum volunteer commitment required Detail-oriented, ability to record information across multiple platforms (i.e. Google Sheets, Google Drive, ShelterLuv)
- Basic project management skills to organize and track multiple cases at varying stages of care ( caseload determined on immediate need and personal availability)
- Consistent availability
- Ability to work remotely using email, Google Drive, and the ShelterLuv platform
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: Varies based on caseload which we will customize as possible to the volunteer, minimum ability to check in on cases is 5 hours each week.
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
We strongly value diversity, inclusion, and our volunteers who each play a valuable role in our mission! We believe in developing volunteers who would like to gain additional experience, make a difference, and positively influence the community with their unique interests, skills, and experience.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in North Texas. We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter. Additionally, We focus solely on pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Please visit our website for additional information and learn on how you can become a partner in rescuing animals.
Instagram & Twitter: @dallaspetsalive
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 16, 2021
- Time Commitment: Varies based on caseload which we will customize as possible to the volunteer, minimum ability to check in on cases is 5 hours each week.