Program Director - Youth Leadership & Development
Program Director is responsible for researching, planning, developing and implementing organization’s youth programs.
- Train and be a motivating mentor to staff.
- Lead large group discussions to answer questions and remedy complaints.
- Create and nurture effective communication within the organization.
- Build a strong team through open communication and by collaborating on decision-making responsibilities.
- Initiate and set goals for programs based on the organization's strategic objectives.
- Plan programs from start to finish, including identifying processes, deadlines and milestones.
- Develop and approve operations and budgets.
- Maintain excellent record-keeping in the form of participant files, reports, documented coursework, student attendance, etc.
Program Director has a variety of skills and qualifications that allow them to manage their responsibilities effectively, which can include:
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strategic mindset
- Ability to multitask
- Problem-solving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest, familiarity or direct work experience with the youth of the community.
- Able to communicate with a culturally diverse group.
- Excellent, verifiable work and/or scholastic history with related references.
- Must pass Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System inquiry.
Bachelor’s Degree or extensive training or workplace experience directly related to youth-oriented programs and services.
PO BOX 564, 1100 Davis Street, Evanston, IL 60204, US
Building Leadership And Community Knowledge #BLACK
We Organize for Knowledge and Empowerment #WOKE