NHQ:ISD- VWE: Volunteer Engagement Lead
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) International Services (ISD) department. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home) opportunity.
The Volunteer Engagement Lead develops the oversight and process that supports the engagement structure and strategy as outlined in the Engagement Cycle. They provide guidance and coaching to the department staff and volunteers to support this work.
- Identify volunteer resource needs for department and participate in the Volunteer Needs Assessment process.
- Be knowledgeable about standard tables of organization and position descriptions developed by National Headquarters.
- Share information and feedback on the NHQ volunteer recruitment plan.
- Support a process where department interviews and accepts or rejects the volunteer referral withing seven days by the volunteer supervisor.
- Provide guidance and tools for the volunteer supervisors to effectively manage the tasks necessary for the position.
- Provide coaching and guidance that supports supervisors in creating a healthy environment for the volunteers to excel in their role.
- Provide specific feedback to all the volunteer supervisors to improve and grow.
- Coordinates process and resources with the Volunteer Services Volunteer Engagement Lead.
- Experience with Volunteer Connection, required
- Experience managing a team of volunteers, required
- Experience with the full cycle of volunteer engagement (such as recruitment, engagement and recognition), required
- Comfort creating new programs and initiatives to support volunteers, required
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs, required
- Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations, required
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences, required
- Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service, required
- Work well both individually and with others, required
- Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partners as well as board members, senior management, and other volunteer partners, required
- Understand the value of volunteers and provide leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience, required
- Microsoft Office Suite experience, preferred
- Understanding of the SAF and ISD service lines, preferred
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.