NHQ:IT - Enterprise Web Services - Code4Good Volunteer - Power Apps/Automate Developer
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) team. The American Red Cross Code4Good Project is a first-of-its-kind volunteer workforce that gives software engineers and engineering leaders an opportunity to support the Red Cross Mission. The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross Mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts.
This is a remote volunteer-from-home opportunity, with virtual teams collaborating through JIRA, Git, Confluence, Slack, etc.
The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts.
- Develop application software projects using O365 products (SharePoint Online and Power Apps or Power Automate workflow automation) user interface design, database design, security control setup, documentation, and implementation
- Design, code, and implement scalable applications
- Test and debug code
- Troubleshoot software issues
- Follow standard operations and procedures
3-5 hours per week
· At least 1 year of professional experience of creating Power Apps applications or Power Automate workflows in conjunction with SharePoint
· Basic knowledge of Power Automate or Microsoft Flow
· Working knowledge of Canvas Apps, Model Driven Apps and CDS/DataVerse
· Able to take requirements and build/deliver finished applications
· Access to phone, computer and reliable internet Resume required
· 2 years professional experience using the Power Apps/Power Automate environments
· Experience developing multiple Power Apps or Power Automate Flows
- Working knowledge of Canvas apps, Model Driven Apps and DCS/DataVerse
· Experience writing, recording, and executing the test cases for Power Apps
· Power BI knowledge
· Understanding of the MS Power Platform license models
· Git, Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, or similar collaboration tools
· Knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
· Product delivery experience within an agile methodology framework
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.