NHQ:IT - Enterprise Web Services - Code4Good Volunteer Group - Lead/PM/Scrum Master
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) team. The American Red Cross Code4Good Project is a first-of-its-kind volunteer workforce that gives software engineers and engineering leaders an opportunity to support the Red Cross Mission. The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross Mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts.
This is a remote volunteer-from-home opportunity, with virtual teams collaborating through JIRA, Git, Confluence, Slack, etc
The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts.
- Manage volunteer team and project activities to deliver within agreed upon guidelines and schedule
- Help the team to continuously make progress by ensuring each person is working on the right tasks
- Help to remove any obstacles to the team members’ progress
- Protect the team from distractions
· Experience working on and leading project teams Ability to work with and lead a team
· Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
· Ability to adapt to a changing environment
· Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
· Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
· Experience with successful Agile techniques
· Reliable access to phone, computer and internet Resume required
· Product delivery within an agile methodology framework
· Git, Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, or similar collaboration tools
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.