2 people are interested
Service to Armed Forces Casework Volunteer - Black Mountain
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Support the military by joining the Service to the Armed Forces Caseworker Volunteer Team!
When a military family experiences a crisis, the Red Cross is there to help. More than 110,000 military families reach out to the American Red Cross for emergency assistance each year through the Hero Care Network.
Caseworker volunteers support and assist with the full range of client services to military members, veterans and their families, to include: emergency communications; information and referral; access to financial assistance; and family follow-up services.
Caseworkers volunteer to provide service at the regional level to the Hero Care Network Center:
- Support and follow Service to Armed Forces (SAF) policies, procedures and protocols related to Red Cross client services
- Interview callers; coordinate requests for service to include recording all client info into the SAF Case Management System; perform outbound activities including: obtaining verifications; delivering messages; coordinating case management services with the jurisdictional chapter/station, and/or providing other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service; understand and apply Red Cross and SAF policies consistently and correctly
- Maintain strict confidentiality of any case notes, names and other personal information in accordance with Red Cross policies
- Determine eligibility for Red Cross services by assessing client needs and providing appropriate service to clients including referrals to other agencies
- Make follow-up calls to military members and/or families to determine additional needs; log case notes.
- Acquire a working knowledge of local, state and federal resources aiding military members, families and veterans
- Need to complete 4 hours of virtual training
*Virtual Opportunity- must have access to computer **Red Cross orientation and training provided
If interested, please contact Adrian Mines at Adrian.Mines@redcross.org | 828.450.4087
About American Red Cross
100 Edgewood Road, Asheville, NC 28804, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
The Community of Black MountainBlack Mountain, NC 28711
November 8, 2022
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Need to complete 4 hours of free training