As a Recruiting Coordinator at AsylumConnect, you will play a pivotal role in helping us to recruit the best volunteers and interns possible to join our mission. In this role, you will support our volunteer Director of Human Resources through providing assistance with recruiting, reviewing, interviewing, and ultimately, selecting candidates to join our remote team. This virtual volunteer position is an excellent opportunity to gain hands on recruiting and interviewing skills while helping us to attract the best talent to AsylumConnect.
*Note: This is a remote and unpaid volunteer position.
- Report (and work closely with) the Director of Human Resources.
- Maintain and expand AsylumConnect's volunteer and internship postings.
- Help to review resumes.
- Schedule and interview candidates.
- Establish contacts with relevant academic programs across the U.S., Canada and Mexico to expedite future recruitment efforts.
- Complete other HR-related tasks, as needed.
- Experience with recruitment, interviewing, human resources or a related field.
- Comfortable with online communication tools (Slack, Asana, G Suite).
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Friendly, passionate, organized, and determined to attract the best talent to AsylumConnect.
- Previous experience using online recruitment tools/softwares and/or interviewing experience is strongly preferred.
40 Rector St, 9th Fl, New York, NY 10006, US
Connect LGBTQ+ people with safety.
Tech nonprofit AsylumConnect has built the first and only digital resource platform for the tens of thousands of LGBTQ+ asylum seekers fleeing their homes for safer ground each year. When AsylumConnect reaches scale, all persecuted and marginalized LGBTQ+ people will have access to critical verified support.
It is still illegal to be gay in 70 countries. Every year, thousands of LGBTQ+ people leave everything behind to seek asylum in the U.S.
Launched in 2016, the "AsylumConnect Catalog" is the first ever resource website and mobile app for LGBTQ+ asylum. LGBTQ+ asylum seekers and other LGBTQ+ people in need (such as homeless or isolated LGBTQ+ youth) use the AsylumConnect Catalog as a free digital one-stop-shop to meet their critical needs, including: accessing verified free/low-cost LGBTQ-affirming medical and mental health services. Lawyers and others also use the free app to easily find medical and social service referrals for clients.
Learn more: https://asylumconnect.org/