Graphic Designer (remote volunteer position)
We are in search of a Graphic Designer to join our innovative team of volunteers to expand our branding iconography, general product branding, website, and frontend designs. In this role, you produce original, engaging content that aligns with the brand identity and is flexible enough to be used across multiple platforms.
- Partner with the marketing and communications team to develop and design content for social media and other digital channels.
- An understanding of basic environmental concepts surrounding climate change, reforestation, ecosystem services, and nature-based economies.
- Proven ability to manage and produce video projects that are in line with our brand guidelines & communications strategy. We will ask you for at least one work sample.
- Provide design support for our pitch deck presentations.
- Create social media graphics and collaborate on new concepts and ideas.
- Assist with managing and editing the organization’s website.
- At least 3 hours per week (5+ hours preferable).
- Strong communication skills.
In return for your support, we can offer:
- Letter confirming your volunteer hours and projects
- Professional reference(s)
- Valuable experience gained & leadership opportunities
- Engagement with a team of global professionals
- Being part of an amazingly complex fast evolving global project
What is Greenstand
Greenstand is a fully remote social nonprofit organization turning environmental stewardship into a reliable source of income. Our work tackles both extreme poverty and climate change. Our main product is the Treetracker, a mobile app that allows planting organizations and their donors to track the growth of newly planted trees through periodic geotagged photos.
The project is at a really exciting stage and has just been elevated to a Supporting Partner for the United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration . This could not be done without many amazing people contributing their skills and time from around the world.
Read more about our work on Greenstand.org.
Please fill out this form and a Greenstand team member will be in touch soon.
721 Depot Drive, ANCHORAGE, AK 99501, US
Greenstand is a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization developing open-source technology to address climate change and alleviate poverty through digitizing environmental goods and services. We are made up of about 505 contributors across the globe. Our Treetracker app verifies and tracks individual trees, thus creating transparency in the reforestation sphere. Organizations and donors can locate individual trees and trade their ecological impact. By facilitating ownership of trees and their ecological services, Greenstand allows for tree-growing organizations to stay accountable.
Greenstand develops mobile technology for better forestation techniques. Through our Treetracker app, rural smallholder farmers in some of the most remote communities on the planet are able to earn a sustainable income by planting, caring for, and tracking trees. Each tree grower takes a geotagged photo of their tree and uploads it to the Treetracker’s verification system, where Greenstanders verify that each photographed tree is alive and growing. Verified trees are digitized as Impact Tokens, which can be traded or sold among other Impact Wallet users within the Treetracker app.
Nasiyan was our first Treetracker. A single mother living with extreme visual and hearing impairments, she could barely afford to keep food on the table for herself and her three sons. However, since she began growing and tracking trees with Greenstand, her life has been looking up. Her young forest has become a small biodiversity hotspot, and with the income she has earned from tracking trees, she can now afford to send her boys to school.
Are you interested in helping us fight climate change and extreme poverty? We’re interested in you! Please check out our open opportunities or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you!