38 people are interested
Tech Ops (remote volunteer position)
Please visit the new page to apply.
38 people are interested
We are looking for a person with Tech Ops experience in designing and developing Reporting and Visualization solutions. You will work closely with internal stakeholders to create custom and complex reports, dashboards, and other visualizations.
- Design and develop reports and analytics as needed to support Greenstand’s internal and Treetracker app related requirements
- Design and develop dashboards and other visualizations to build digital bridges between our technical database & the operational components of our system
- Responsible for documenting requirements, technical specifications and reference materials for reports and visualizations
- Supports scheduled and non-recurring reporting needs
- Experience with ETL automation, SQL
- Experience using reporting and visualization tools
- At least 3 hours per week (5+ hours preferable).
- Strong communication skills.
In return for your support, we can offer:
- Letter confirming your volunteer hours and projects
- Professional reference(s)
- Valuable experience gained & leadership opportunities
- Engagement with a team of global professionals
- Being part of an amazingly complex fast-evolving global project
Greenstand is a fully remote social non-profit organization turning environmental stewardship into a reliable source of income. Our work tackles both extreme poverty and climate change. Our main product is the Treetracker, a mobile app that allows planting organizations and their donors to track the growth of newly planted trees through periodic geotagged photos.
The project is at a really exciting stage and has just been elevated to a Supporting Partner for the United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration . This could not be done without many amazing people contributing their skills and time from around the world.
Read more about our work on Greenstand.org.
Please fill out the appropriate volunteer form and you’ll receive instructions for joining our Slack community https://greenstand.org/contribute/volunteer
Reach out via email if you have any issues or questions.
721 Depot Drive, ANCHORAGE, AK 99501, US
Greenstand is a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization developing open-source technology to address climate change and alleviate poverty through digitizing environmental goods and services. We are made up of about 505 contributors across the globe. Our Treetracker app verifies and tracks individual trees, thus creating transparency in the reforestation sphere. Organizations and donors can locate individual trees and trade their ecological impact. By facilitating ownership of trees and their ecological services, Greenstand allows for tree-growing organizations to stay accountable.
Greenstand develops mobile technology for better forestation techniques. Through our Treetracker app, rural smallholder farmers in some of the most remote communities on the planet are able to earn a sustainable income by planting, caring for, and tracking trees. Each tree grower takes a geotagged photo of their tree and uploads it to the Treetracker’s verification system, where Greenstanders verify that each photographed tree is alive and growing. Verified trees are digitized as Impact Tokens, which can be traded or sold among other Impact Wallet users within the Treetracker app.
Nasiyan was one of our first Treetracker. A single mother living with extreme visual and hearing impairments, she could barely afford to keep food on the table for herself and her three sons. However, since she began growing and tracking trees with Greenstand, her life has been looking up. Her young forest has become a small biodiversity hotspot, and with the income she has earned from tracking trees, she can now afford to send her boys to school.
Are you interested in helping us fight climate change and extreme poverty? We’re interested in you! Please check out our open opportunities or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 4, 2022
- Software Engineering
- Database Administration
- SQL / MySQL
- At least 3 hours per week (5+ hours preferable)
- Be motivated to make a difference!