Market Research Volunteer
Awaken Pittsburgh, a non-profit 501(c)(3) formed in 2016, is seeking a Volunteer to assist us with market research.
Awaken Pittsburgh is a growing, energetic, secular organization that draws upon the wisdom of mindfulness and meditation to teach lifelong self-regulation skills that have the power to transform lives. Its evidence-based curricula and programming serve students, educators, those in recovery, social services and mental health professionals, corporations, and any other individual or organization seeking to gain clarity, focus, renewal, and improved health and wellbeing.
Working closely with Awaken Pittsburgh’s Executive Director and Marketing Committee, the Volunteer will focus on future growth and help us achieve our mission and vision. See our web site at www.awakenpittsburgh.org for more.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing, executing and managing the Market Research function for Awaken Pittsburgh, including reviewing and analyzing metrics to better define our Go to Market strategies. Time commitment is approximately 5 hours per week.
- Monitor and forecast marketing and sales trends
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls
- Gather data on consumers, competitors, and market conditions
- Analyze data using statistical software
- Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports
- Prepare reports and present results to Marketing Committee
- Use data from GoogleAds campaigns to inform our marketing strategy and gain understanding of customer demographics
Qualifications and Skills
- Analytical skills. Must be able to understand large amounts of data and information.
- Communication skills. Need strong communication skills when gathering information, interpreting data, and presenting results.
- Critical-thinking skills. Must assess all available information to determine what marketing strategy would work best.
- Detail oriented. Must be detail oriented to do precise data analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or related field.
- 2+ years of non-profit or corporate experience in a Market Research role.
- Experience working remotely as part of a team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is predominantly volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
About AWAKEN PITTSBURGH
733 N Highland Ave, PITTSBURGH, PA 15206, US
Awaken Pittsburgh promotes personal and community well-being through mindfulness programs and compassionate actions.
Awaken Pittsburgh develops and supports mindfulness programming. Based on a fee-for-service, social enterprise model, Awaken is committed to serving individuals and organizations regardless of income and background so that everyone can have the opportunity to experience the transformative power of a mindfulness-based approach to living.