32 people are interested
32 people are interested
Greenstand is a fully remote social non-profit organization turning environmental stewardship into a reliable source of income. Our work tackles both extreme poverty and climate change. Our main product is Treetracker, a mobile app that allows planting organizations and their donors to track the growth of newly planted trees through periodic geotagged photos. Read more about our work on Greenstand.org.Position Description
We are currently expanding capacity in our admin panel development team, which leverages React.js and Node.js as our core technologies. If you have these skills or are learning them, we’d love to have you contribute as a member of our diverse global team.
Volunteering as a developer with Greenstand is open to all skill levels.
- Self-motivation and time management skills are absolutely necessary, as we are a fully remote organization. While some projects will be very collaborative, you may have to develop some projects individually.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn React.js
- Ability or interest in attending our optional weekly meetings to coordinate engineering efforts; this is a great place to learn about new tech or meet similarly minded contributors that are interested in restoring the environment.
In return for your support, we can offer:
- Letter confirming your volunteer hours and projects
- Professional reference(s)
- Valuable experience gained & leadership opportunities
- Engagement with a team of global professionals
Please fill out this form and a Greenstander will be in touch shortly: https://forms.gle/1yVMo5dpqW4xoTrt6
You can also check out our code here: https://github.com/Greenstand/Development-Overview
721 Depot Drive, ANCHORAGE, AK 99501, US
Greenstand is a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization developing open-source technology to address climate change and alleviate poverty through digitizing environmental goods and services. We are made up of about 505 contributors across the globe. Our Treetracker app verifies and tracks individual trees, thus creating transparency in the reforestation sphere. Organizations and donors can locate individual trees and trade their ecological impact. By facilitating ownership of trees and their ecological services, Greenstand allows for tree-growing organizations to stay accountable.
Greenstand develops mobile technology for better forestation techniques. Through our Treetracker app, rural smallholder farmers in some of the most remote communities on the planet are able to earn a sustainable income by planting, caring for, and tracking trees. Each tree grower takes a geotagged photo of their tree and uploads it to the Treetracker’s verification system, where Greenstanders verify that each photographed tree is alive and growing. Verified trees are digitized as Impact Tokens, which can be traded or sold among other Impact Wallet users within the Treetracker app.
Nasiyan was our first Treetracker. A single mother living with extreme visual and hearing impairments, she could barely afford to keep food on the table for herself and her three sons. However, since she began growing and tracking trees with Greenstand, her life has been looking up. Her young forest has become a small biodiversity hotspot, and with the income she has earned from tracking trees, she can now afford to send her boys to school.
Are you interested in helping us fight climate change and extreme poverty? We’re interested in you! Please check out our open opportunities or shoot us an email at email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 25, 2021
- Website Programming
- Web Design
- Software Engineering
- Software Development
- Must be self-driven, a natural problem solver, and enjoy making a difference. And be able to learn basic Github and Slack skills.