4 people are interested
SAF: Hero Care Network Regional Caseworker/Critical Community Services, Cedar Rapids IA
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Service to the Armed Forces Regional Caseworker
Purpose: Ensure military families' needs are met when faced with an urgent need.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of any case notes, names and other personal information in accordance with Red Cross policies
- Understand and apply Service to Armed Forces (SAF) policies, procedures and protocols related to Red Cross client services consistently and correctly
- Support the critical community services cases; which can include an intake interview to assess client needs and providing appropriate service to clients including referrals to other agencies; and the follow up process to include making follow-up calls to military members and/or families to determine if their needs are met, providing other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service
- Acquire a working knowledge of local, state and federal resources aiding military members, families and veterans
- Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy Time Commitment: flexible with a scheduled commitment
- Successful American Red Cross background check
- Complete required national training and locally developed orientation
- Able to support Red Cross SAF mission; have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues
- Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others while upholding the values and principles of the American Red Cross
- Ability to apply active listening skills and employ reasoning and questioning strategies to capture, analyze, and interpret information from clients, staff, and management * Good computer skills to include use of Internet search tools; Intranet; and Microsoft Office Suite, to include Outlook, word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet applications
- Effective interviewing skills and a sound knowledge of telephone and in-person etiquette and pleasant and friendly manners respectful of human dignity * Ability to work with or without supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills; Ability to work well with others
- Willingness to gain knowledge of community resources
- Able to work with culturally diverse populations
For more information or to apply go to: https://www.redcross.org/volunteertoday
About American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
2912 S 80th Ave, Omaha, NE 68124, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Vision Statement The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Since our founding by Clara Barton on May 21, 1881, the American Red Cross has been dedicated to serving people in need. We received our first congressional charter in 1900 and to this day we are tasked by the federal government with providing services to members of the American armed forces and their families as well as providing disaster relief in the United States and around the world.
Today, as throughout our long history, the Red Cross depends on generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
317 SE 7th St SECedar Rapids, IA 52401
February 15, 2024
- Disaster Response
- Case Work / Management
- Crisis Counseling
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training