SAF: Volunteer Connection Lead - Virtal
American Red Cross - Ohio
* Serve as a champion of Volunteer Connection
* Provide expert support and guidance to region or chapter in the proper and maximized utilization of
* Establish an ongoing Volunteer Connection training calendar
* Conduct Volunteer Connection training, using official American Red Cross training materials for volunteers
and volunteer supervisors
* Serve as a region or chapter Volunteer Connection expert
* Serve as a member of the National Headquarters Volunteer Connection Super User Group to support
ongoing testing and new initiatives involving Volunteer Connection
Time Commitment: Approximately 4 hours per week, working remotely and on-site.
* Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
* Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations
* Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
* Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service
* Work well both individually and with others
* Relevant, complementary management and/or technical skills/operational experience
* Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff/volunteer partners as well as board members,
and senior management
* Understand the value of volunteers and provide leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive
and have a mutually rewarding experience
About American Red Cross - Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!