9 people are interested
Garden Program Coordinator -Special Education School Garden
ORGANIZATION: COMMUNITY CHILD GUIDANCE CLINIC INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
If you have experience gardening and working with children, we are looking for your help! We are seeking at least one volunteer interested in both the organization and implementation of a new gardening program at a small therapeutic school for children with mental health and special education needs.
What we have:
- An 18-foot year-round greenhouse that also contains a fish pond with koi fish
- The beginnings of an outdoor sensory garden and pollinator garden
- A four-tiered indoor grow rack that is also used year-round
- Several months' worth of curriculum and programming that we have designed around gardening and related topics
What we need:
- Volunteers that are passionate about gardening and love working with kids who are interested in helping bring our gardening program to life!
More opportunities with COMMUNITY CHILD GUIDANCE CLINIC INC
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About COMMUNITY CHILD GUIDANCE CLINIC INC
317 N MAIN ST, MANCHESTER, CT 06042, US
Our mission is to assist and support children with emotional and behavioral issues by providing a special education day school and a system of child and family-focused mental health services.
The purpose of the Community Child Guidance Clinic is to provide multifaceted treatment approaches to children and their families. It is our hope that we strengthen the lives of our clients in order to help them reach their full potential. Our goal is to provide mental health services at the earliest possible time in a child’s life, with the least possible delay, and in the most time-and cost-efficient manner. Our programs and services are individually guided, highly efficient, accessible, and culturally sensitive.
The world of mental health is constantly evolving, and we strive as an organization to adapt and progress in order to best meet the needs of our ever changing world. Our efforts are geared towards excellence in everything we do. We are proud of the positive impact we have on the communities we serve.
317 North Main StreetManchester, CT 06042
March 13, 2023
- Youth Services
- Child Care
- Special Needs
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts and number of hours will be flexible, but you must be available at least two hours during the school day, at least one day per week, to help run activities with the kids. Huge plus if you can attend committee meetings: biweekly Mondays at 1:00
- Though volunteers will always have the support of teachers and teaching assistants while running activities, all applicants must be comfortable working with young students with special education and mental/behavioral health needs.