iOS Software Developer
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw or Remote
JAARS is actively seeking a talented iOS Developer to join our Software Engineering team to create applications that serve the mission transportation community. We build and maintain innovative iOS and iPadOS applications for use in support of mission work around the world. The role's primary role will act as an instrumental member contributing to a high-performance team to develop and maintain high-end iOS applications.
- Develop and improve app performance, new app features and supporting applications.
- Design and build an iOS and iPadOS application requiring strong working knowledge of iOS Frameworks, proficiency in Swift and in the Xcode IDE.
- Code migration and enhancements to convert legacy web apps to native iOS apps.
- Collaborate with the design team to define new app features.
- Ensure quality and performance of the application to specifications. Identify potential problems and resolve application bugs.
- Design and implement application updates.
- Communicate regularly and write clean code. Review, analyze and resolve application issues as needed.
- Collaborate with team members on the design and implementation of new applications and new functionalities within existing applications.
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Minimum of three years in iOS Development experience with Swift; knowledge of how to implement and manage RESTful API’s with strong communication skills with a user/customer-centric, focus and an always-learning mindset
- Deep understanding of UIKit, Foundation, and other core iOS frameworks
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and application interface guidelines
- Experience working with GitHub version control in a collaborative team environment, issue management, creating pull requests and performing code reviews
- Experience with continuous integration; contributed to at least one application on the Apple AppStore
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.