1 person is interested
Biomedical Transportation Specialist - Asheville, NC
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood. As a volunteer transportation specialist, you can make sure blood is available for patients in need in North Carolina.
View this video to learn more about the position: https://youtu.be/X-hTsLecWDk
* Transport lifesaving blood from the American Red Cross Blood Donation Center (100 Edgewood Rd. Asheville) to area hospitals.
* Gain valuable training/experience while providing an invaluable service to the community.
* Morning and evening routes are available. Some routes are 3 hours and some routes are 6 hours; Most volunteers drive at least twice a month.
* Use of Red Cross owned and branded vehicles for routes.
* All training is provided free of charge, including CPR/First Aid
* Defensive Driving Aid training for qualified volunteers.
* Valid state driver’s license
* 3+ years driving experience with clean record
* Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds
FYI: Several enhanced protocols have been implemented in the interest of the safety of the blood supply, recipients, other donors, staff, volunteers and general public health.
We are looking to cover shifts for Saturday evenings!
About American Red Cross
100 Edgewood Road, Asheville, NC 28804, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
100 Edgewood RoadAsheville, NC 28804
May 6, 2022
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3-6 hours per week