Volunteers Amplifying Dignity (April 2021A)
THE GRATEFUL GARMENT PROJECT
We are excited to welcome you to the Volunteers Amplifying Dignity program, where you can meaningfully contribute to your community from your very own desk! Upon registration, volunteers will select 3 volunteer activities of their choosing to complete over a 30-day period. Upon completion, each volunteer will receive 10 verified service hours from The Grateful Garment Project.We host 2 volunteer cohorts each month, from the 1st to the 1st and from the 15th to the 15th. This virtual volunteering program is open to anyone seeking to make a difference, and we sincerely hope that you will be a part of that effort!
Please register at this link: https://www.siliconvalleyvolunteers.org/need/detail/?need_id=572340
About THE GRATEFUL GARMENT PROJECT
1777 HAMILTON AVE STE 2280, SAN JOSE, CA 95125, US
Our mission is to ensure that every victim of a sexual crime who crosses the threshold of a Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) facility or who seeks medical attention and/or law enforcement involvement is provided with whatever new clothing, toiletries, snacks, and other miscellaneous items that they may require. We have further expanded our mission and vision to encompass all victims of sexual violence. This includes, but is not limited to Commercially Sexually Exploited Children (CSEC) and victims of Human Sexual Trafficking (HST).
- Volunteers Amplifying Dignity: Empowering volunteers in the community to help raise awareness, build foundations, and create resources for The Grateful Garment Project and those we serve.
- Resource Closets: Providing emergency resources for victims of sexual violence once they have undergone a forensic examination or have sought Sexual Violence Service Provider services.
- Human Trafficking/CSEC Resources: Provide additional resources (clothing, toiletries, etc.) to safe houses, shelters, and group homes for victims who don’t have a safe place to return.
- Pack-It Forward: Emergency portable packs provided to Law Enforcement/Sexual Violence Service Providers for human trafficking and CSEC victims.
- Operation Esteem: Gift cards provided to encourage youth to attend follow up medical and/or counseling appointments.
- Dress for Dignity: Gift cards provided to our clients to be used for the purchase of court appropriate clothing for low income and/or foster care survivors; helping to provide dignity and confidence during the court process.
- Beautification Projects: Helping transform service provider atmospheres into settings conducive to healing.