THE GRATEFUL GARMENT PROJECT
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Crisis Support
- Emergency & Safety
Location1777 HAMILTON AVE STE 2280SAN JOSE, CA 95125 United States
Our mission is to ensure that every victim of a sexual crime who crosses the threshold of a Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) facility or who seeks medical attention and/or law enforcement involvement is provided with whatever new clothing, toiletries, snacks, and other miscellaneous items that they may require. We have further expanded our mission and vision to encompass all victims of sexual violence. This includes, but is not limited to Commercially Sexually Exploited Children (CSEC) and victims of Human Sexual Trafficking (HST).
- Volunteers Amplifying Dignity: Empowering volunteers in the community to help raise awareness, build foundations, and create resources for The Grateful Garment Project and those we serve.
- Resource Closets: Providing emergency resources for victims of sexual violence once they have undergone a forensic examination or have sought Sexual Violence Service Provider services.
- Human Trafficking/CSEC Resources: Provide additional resources (clothing, toiletries, etc.) to safe houses, shelters, and group homes for victims who don’t have a safe place to return.
- Pack-It Forward: Emergency portable packs provided to Law Enforcement/Sexual Violence Service Providers for human trafficking and CSEC victims.
- Operation Esteem: Gift cards provided to encourage youth to attend follow up medical and/or counseling appointments.
- Dress for Dignity: Gift cards provided to our clients to be used for the purchase of court appropriate clothing for low income and/or foster care survivors; helping to provide dignity and confidence during the court process.
- Beautification Projects: Helping transform service provider atmospheres into settings conducive to healing.