Virtual Volunteer Screener
AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
Screening Team members seek to understand what brought prospective volunteers to the Red Cross, their areas of interest and what position they would find most meaningful. Screeners use their understanding of the volunteer and match it with the needs of the organization, connecting volunteers with positions for which they are both interested and well suited.
- Schedules and conducts volunteer screening interviews.
- Reviews and has general understanding of volunteer opportunities.
- Prepares for screening interviews following standardized training protocol.
- Matches volunteers to positions for which they are best suited, based on skills, interest, availability and available options.
- Updates Volunteer Connection, Red Cross' online volunteer management system, with candidate information and makes referrals as required.
- Broad understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for volunteer service (training provided).
- Enthusiastic about American Red Cross programs.
- Ability to work with computer database (training provided)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - ability to express ideas and facts clearly
- Comfortable making phone calls to volunteers
- Previous experience with customer service is a plus
- HR experience or experience conducting interviews a plus
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
2600 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53233, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.