Blood Drive volunteers needed in Buffalo County, Nebraska
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation.
- Blood Services Donor Ambassador located in Nebraska Counties in the Nebraska - Iowa Region Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
- Manage donor flow at temp taking station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
- Explain purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand reason for deferral if applicable.
- Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred. Model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution. Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact
- Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
- May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
- Must be over the age of 16
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
- Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Ability to understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor App.
- Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers
- Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change driven culture
NOTE: May be required to meet 18 or over age requirements to take temperatures and perform certain disinfecting tasks.
Go to Redcross.org/volunteer to apply
About American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
2912 S 80th Ave, Omaha, NE 68124, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Vision Statement The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Since our founding by Clara Barton on May 21, 1881, the American Red Cross has been dedicated to serving people in need. We received our first congressional charter in 1900 and to this day we are tasked by the federal government with providing services to members of the American armed forces and their families as well as providing disaster relief in the United States and around the world.
Today, as throughout our long history, the Red Cross depends on generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
American Red CrossKearney, NE 68845
November 2, 2021
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- prefer one blood drive shift a month