Social Media Internship
Oceanside Museum of Art
Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA) is looking for an arts-loving, forward-thinking, brand-conscious, self-driven social media intern to build the OMA’s online presence. The intern will work with a small team including the marketing director and membership manager.
- Work with marketing director and membership manager to develop content calendars for a range of social media on a weekly and monthly basis
- Develop and implement an online outreach campaign to increase awareness, exposure, "word-of-mouth" promotion, attendance, and support of OMA
- Create engaging social media content (verbal and visual) for postings to Facebook, Instagram, and other social media channels that target 16-30 age demographic, updating weekly
- Monitor and document social media comments, replying as appropriate with prior approval by marketing director
- Monitor and contribute to related online forums
- Assist with website updates and optimization including keyword analysis
- Monitor analytics to identify market opportunities and refocus campaign as needed
- Must adhere to OMA’s DEAI policy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have impeccable spelling and grammar
- Understanding of how to communicate with target audience using preferred modes
- Experience in social media/marketing
- In-depth working knowledge of relevant social media platforms
- Experience with social media analytics
- Basic knowledge of image creation and manipulation
- Prepare analytic reports for relevant departments
- Ability to take direction and acquire new knowledge as necessary for tasks or projects
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- For current students, ideal to be in communications, business, marketing, or similar
Location: Primarily virtual, occasionally onsite
About Oceanside Museum of Art
704 Pier View Way, Oceanside, CA 92054, US
The Oceanside Museum of Art presents provocative, contemporary exhibitions from the region and around the world. We offer art instruction at the OMA School of Art, concerts, films, lectures, docent tours, and the OMA Museum Store. Oceanside Museum of Art is a gathering place where friends meet to share and enjoy the rich cultural experiences available in the region.
Volunteers are the mainstay of Oceanside Museum of Art and we want you! OMA volunteers work once a week, once a month or every other week for a three hour assignment. Volunteering at Oceanside Museum of Art is a great way to meet people and be a part of the museum. Ask a friend to volunteer with you and make it an opportunity to get together and stay in touch. You will become acquainted with the art and artists of the region as well as your neighbors in the community. The museum is leading the wave of change in Oceanside that is evident by the vibrant arts and cultural life developing in downtown Oceanside. If you have a few hours a week and want to be involved with an exciting and growing cultural program, please call our volunteer Coordinator Claire Youngstrom 760-757-9307, or email Danielle@oma-online.org . Volunteers are needed during the daytime, on weekends, and for special evening events. Museum hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Sunday from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Oceanside Museum of Art is located at 704 Pier View Way, one block north of Mission Avenue on the corner of Ditmar in downtown Oceanside within walking distance from the Oceanside Transit Center with stops for the Coaster, Sprinter, Amtrak and Metrolink. Free all day street parking is available one block east of the museum or at the Civic Center parking garage on Ditmar and Pier View Way. The museum Web site offers information and photographs of the museum and its programs, www.oma-online.org .