4 people are interested
4 people are interested
Reporting to the Creative Services Marketing Manager, this role will assist with developing and creating original visual content for School Group. The illustrator is responsible for creating cohesive visual content that meets the visual standards of School Group’s design team.
- Work closely with the Marketing Department to develop new and innovative illustrations.
- Edit existing illustrations to meet the current needs of School Group’s visual standards.
- Ability to draft and present your ideas to the Creative Services Marketing Manager and the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Ability to conceptualize and create illustrations based off verbal or written concepts.
- Must be self-motivated and time efficient in order to meet deadlines.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- Add positions consulted for this role, both internal and external . Also include direct reports, if any , and level of supervision .
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Illustration, or Animation.
- 1+ year of professional or elevated illustrator experience.
- Passion for creativity and a limitless imagination.
- A portfolio that examples the illustrator’s completed projects.
- Expert familiarity with current graphic design software
- Prior nonprofit or media experience a BIG plus.
- Ability to hand draw, very helpful.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Teams and SharePoint helpful.
- Experience working remotely as part of a team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer - run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
About School Group
1700 Atlas RD, Cedar Park, TX 78613, US
To promote quality education, skills development, and improve lives around the world through cutting-edge peer e-learning technology and data-driven research.
School Group is a global non-profit research organization building a global e-learning network for classroom collaboration. We do this through artificial intelligence software that supports our mission of transforming lives by bringing together students and teachers around the world for peer-to-peer collaborative learning to improve the accessibility and quality of education.
We work with educators, schools, government agencies, corporations, non-profits, and passionate people just like you who share our vision for a brighter future.
School Group is a platform that connects schools from various parts of the world. Our goal is to provide an e-learning community that focuses on peer-to-peer learning. We promote collaboration and communication to bridge the educational gap in a rapidly changing educational landscape. For more information, please visit our website, www.schoolgroup.org.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 15, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Background Check
- 10 hours/week