Small Engine Repair Technician
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
While reporting to the Grounds Department Manager, this role contributes to the overall quality of the campus grounds by servicing and repairing the small engines and equipment used around the JAARS campus.
- Service, troubleshoot and repair a variety of outdoor equipment powered by gas, diesel or electric, including grounds equipment, zero turn mowers, push mowers, edgers, trimmers, chainsaws, various tractors, heavy equipment, forklifts, golf carts, UTVs and Aviation tugs.
- Troubleshoot parts, components and/or systems that need to be repaired.
- Conduct preventative maintenance to reduce equipment downtime and costly repairs, including disassembly and reassembly of small engines. Also maintain non-registered vehicles/equipment such as golf carts, tugs, UTVs, forklifts and generators.
- Communicate to manager any equipment observed that may require attention.
- Demonstrate continuous safety practices to eliminate or minimize accidents.
- Perform accurate and timely repair of the inventory of small engine equipment and/or tools using operating manuals.
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Operational mechanical knowledge of small engines, equipment, machines or tools generally used for grounds maintenance, including the use of repair tools and test equipment, as necessary
- Experience and skills to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above independently or with the required supervision
- Prioritize a safety-first mindset and quality practices that reduce or eliminate risks of accident or mishaps with the small engine repairs
- Ability to use a computer for parts inquiries
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.