Are you age 55+ and want to volunteer? Join RSVP 55+ Volunteer Program
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereLocation Varies in Monroe and Owen CountiesBloomington, IN 47402
Want to Make an Impact in The Monroe/Owen County (IN) Community?
The RSVP 55+ Volunteer Program is a national service program for volunteers (age 55 and better) who want to make a difference in our community. Numbering over 450 strong, RSVP volunteers serve in a variety of focus areas, leveraging their experience and knowledge.
We can assist you in finding volunteer roles based on your unique interests, talents, and availability. We celebrate your service, and share it with national, state, and local agencies to demonstrate the power and impact of volunteerism.
We focus our efforts on:
- Supporting seniors aging in place
- Promoting healthy living
- Serving those facing end-of-life through hospice
- Collecting food for families facing emergencies
Educational support for at-risk youth:
- Aiding teachers
- School libraries
- Helping with events
- Raising funds through thrift shop sales to support childcare scholarships
- Helping veterans access VA benefits
- Supporting veterans living at home as long as they are able
- Using volunteer expertise and talents to meet needs in the community
Volunteers benefit greatly from their service, perhaps even more than the non-profit. Scientific studies have shown that volunteers enjoy health benefits like lower blood pressure, lower depression and less social isolation, and higher levels of brain functioning, higher levels of physical ability, and more happiness when compared to non-volunteers.
The RSVP office provides:
- information about volunteer needs and interesting local events
- RSVP 55+ Drop-In Volunteer Site every Tuesday doing tabletop projects in a social atmosphere supporting a variety of nonprofits
- special events emails, informing you of one-time events
- FREE supplemental insurance while volunteering
- training for volunteers
- annual awards banquet to celebrate your service
- social connection to other like-minded volunteers
To register for RSVP, (even if you are already volunteering somewhere), start here: www.area10agency.org/rsvp or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to connecting with you!
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Retail / Sales
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- You choose! Daily, weekly, monthly or occasional