NHQ:DCS - Response Services - Mass Care Webinar Team Member
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Disaster Cycle Services (DCS) department. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home) position. This position provides programmatic support to the NHQ DCS Response Program by supporting the production of the Mass Care Webinars.
The monthly Mass Care Webinar is open to all Red Cross employees and volunteers interested in learning about important updates regarding sheltering, reunification, feeding and distribution of emergency supplies.
This position is responsible for the collaborative production of the Monthly Mass Care Webinars which are held on the third Thursday of every month from 2-3:30 pm Eastern. In collaboration with Mass Care Webinar Lead and Mass Care Webinar Team, take responsibility for aspects of the monthly Webinar production, which may include the following:
- Utilize graphic design and visual communication skills to create PowerPoints and presentations for the Webinar
- Collaborate with other team members and speakers to receive and create PowerPoint and Webinar materials
- Identify and coordinate agenda including presentation topics and presenters
- Gather and prepare announcements and topics of interest to the Mass Care workforce
- Identify host, panelists, Webex support, and chat monitors for each Webinar
- Ensure PowerPoint presentation is created at least 3 days prior to each webinar
- Ensure notes are compiled and submitted for posting within 2 weeks of each Webinar
- Ensure unanswered questions are referred to the appropriate team member for follow us
Varies depending on projects and priorities. Typically 8-12 hours per month including the 90-minute monthly Webinar. Availability during business hours is required.
- Experience creating presentations, using graphic design required
- Ability to participate on a team using a collaborative style required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and Webex or willingness to learn required
- Quality written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to access files on Red Cross SharePoint and/or Microsoft Teams required
- 6 - 12 hours per month. Availability during business hours required.
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.