DONATE TO THIS
144 people are interested
Provide bookkeeping support to a small business owner (volunteer training available)
ORGANIZATION: START SMALL THINK BIG INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
144 people are interested
Background: Now more than ever, small business owners need help transforming their business potential into reality. Volunteer your finance expertise and help a small business owner take their business to the next level!
The Opportunity: Setting up a bookkeeping system, and categorizing financial transactions are essential for a small business but can be daunting and scary at first!
That’s where you come in! Our virtual bookkeeping consultation is the perfect opportunity if you are looking to volunteer your time and talent to support small businesses and the innovators behind them.
- Are you a good fit? You are just starting as a bookkeeper, you have been managing the books of a small business for a while or you are an early career finance professional or finance/business student who does not yet have bookkeeping skills but is willing to learn (we provide training). This is a great opportunity to build your resume and acquire new skills!
- What will you be doing? Once approved as a volunteer, we will connect you with a small business owner or several (depending on your availability) to set up 1 hour virtual consultation(s). During this time, you will teach them the basics of bookkeeping and help them set up a bookkeeping system (such as Quickbooks or Wave).
- What is the time commitment? 1-2 consultations with a small business owner, about 1 hour each (plus preparation time prior to the consultation) to fit into your schedule.
- Does Start Small Think Big provide resources to get started? If you don’t have previous bookkeeping experience, we offer a multi-part training to help you get started and learn the basics of bookkeeping.
Ready to use your skills for good? Join our passionate community of volunteers by completing and submitting your application here: https://www.startsmallthinkbig.org/volunteer. We welcome multilingual volunteers, particularly those able to support Spanish-speaking small business owners. Please note: Small business owners are located throughout the United States. In order to volunteer, you must reside in the United States or in a country with overlapping time zones.
For more information or questions, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About START SMALL THINK BIG INC
511 Avenue of the Americas, #4151, New York, NY 10011, US
Start Small Think Big is a nonprofit that helps small businesses from marginalized communities and limited access to the resources needed to create thriving businesses. We connect small business owners to legal, finance, and marketing professionals who volunteer their time and expertise. Your support helps to ensure a generation of small businesses survive and thrive. We’re #AllforSmall because small businesses make a big difference.
We connect small business owners to legal, finance, and marketing professionals who volunteer their time and expertise. We serve small business owners from marginalized communities, including: Communities of color, Women, LGBTQIA+ communities, Immigrant communities, Veterans, People with disabilities, Formerly incarcerated individuals, People with low incomes (under 500% of Federal Poverty Guidelines) Household has $100K or less in assets.
To learn more about us and our impact, visit our website: https://www.startsmallthinkbig.org/about-us
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 19, 2022
- Financial Literacy
- Business Analysis
- Reporting & Dashboards
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 1h consultation(s) with a small business owner (plus preparation time prior to the consultation) to fit into your schedule
- Optional training if no previous bookkeeping experience, must be located in the United States. Volunteers must complete an online volunteer application and reside in the United States or in a country with overlapping time zones.