Regional Training Instructor
American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
The purpose of the regional training lead is to oversee regional training including instructor management and class management for the region. This includes course offerings to develop and promote the disaster workforce. At least 8-10hrs a week commitment
- Works with regional Certified Instructors to offer live classes via Microsoft Teams
- Highly skilled in Computers, Excels, Power Point, Microsoft Teams
- Very detailed oriented, manages others well, promotes talent, and willing to create and promote a team of Basic and Advanced Instructors
- Manages Microsoft Teams events and live training events
- Good in teaching others, and public speaking skills preferred.
- Develop team to manage training across the assigned area of responsibility
- Ensure completion of all assigned tasks
- Work with other volunteer engagement members to ensure training is scheduled to meet the goals of volunteer career paths.
- Oversee qualified instructors are teaching both basic and advanced classes
- Ensure instructors are maintaining their qualifications to teach
- Assist areas with instructor development
- Plan and assist areas with setting up and leading advanced classes
- Maintain list of all qualified instructors in region or assigned area of responsibility including Pillowcase, Basic, Advanced and Youth
- Ensure EDGE team is managing task to create, update and complete training
- Maintain regional training calendar
- Assist region in developing training team members
- Communicate with program leads to determine regional training needs
Qualifications: Advanced instructor with the ability to teach the Basic Instructor Specialty Training is preferred however a Basic instructor can be mentored.
Attention to detail
Good organizational skills
Computer savvy-knowledgeable and familiar with Red Cross training databases.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things that she/she sees as challenging.
Treats all kinds and classes of people equitably; deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and both sexes.
Building Effective Teams
Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Picks up on the need to change personal, interpersonal and managerial behavior quickly; watches others for their reactions to his/her performance and adjusts; seeks feedback.
Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team; sets clear expectations; deals with problems in a timely manner; regularly reviews individual performance and holds timely discussions.
Clearly and comfortably delegates tasks and decisions; broadly shares responsibility and accountability; trusts people to perform; lets direct reports finish their own work.
Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during stressful times; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team members; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working with and for.
Sees ahead clearly; anticipates future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; creates competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Dealing with Ambiguity
Effectively copes with change; can shift gears comfortable; decides and acts without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.