8 people are interested
Cat Care Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Safe Place for Pets
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
Position Title: Cat Care Coordinator
Position Summary : The Cat Care Coordinator will oversee and coordinate volunteers to support the facility, known as the Cattery. This volunteer abides by and actively supports the mission and values of Safe Place for Pets. They will be supervised by the Placement Program Director
Position Description: The Cat Care Coordinator will maintain and staff the Cattery with trained volunteers. The Cat Care Coordinator will work with the Feline Coordinators and Placement Program Director to maintain the health and wellness of the cats while in our care at Safe Place. The Cat Care Coordinator will oversee and maintain PACFA guidelines for proper Cat Care protocol. The Cat Care Coordinator will oversee and maintain PACFA guidelines for Cattery housing and cleanliness. Must have access to a computer with Microsoft Office, and e-mail. Must have access to a telephone to contact Safe Place volunteers.
Desirable skills : Previous experience in a shelter, veterinary clinic or animal rescue; familiarity with Fear Free Handling techniques, or completion of Fear Free Shelter Program; basic knowledge of Colorado Department of Agriculture PACFA (Pet Animal Care Facilities Act) requirements for licensed animal facilities; familiarity with volunteer scheduling data bases; familiarity with Shelterluv Shelter Management system; good communication skills.
- Work with the Placement Program Director to keep the facility operating professionally.
- Coordinate with the Volunteer Coordinator for new Welcome Center and Cat Care volunteers, training, and scheduling.
- Maintain a schedule of trained volunteers to keep the Cattery staffed.
- Coach current volunteers around best practices.
- Coordinate with the Feline Coordinator regarding any feline issues.
- Create and document the policies and procedures.
- Monitor that all Cattery policies and procedures are followed.
- Willingness to work various hours, including early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and cover empty slots if needed.
- Communicate with Cat Care volunteers on a regular basis and be available for Cat Care issues.
- Communicate any inventory supplies needed for the Cattery to the Placement Program Director.
- Turn all hours worked into Volunteer Coordinator.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Safe Place for Pets
1520 N Hancock Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80903, US
Serving Terminally Ill People by Finding Forever Homes for Their Beloved Pets.
Safe Place is an organization located in Colorado Springs, CO that cares for pets when a terminally ill owner no longer can. Safe Place was incorporated in 1996 and serves people and the pets in El Paso and Teller counties. We strive to provide comfort to families. Our unique expertise is a vital tool in assuring that a beloved pet will continue to be safe and loved, even beyond the owner's life. To some it is what matters most.
1520 N Hancock AveColorado Springs, CO 80903
June 22, 2022
- Animal Care / Handling
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Depends on the week, but we estimate this position at 10 + hours/week
- Veterinary experience is not required, but a huge plus! This is a shelter environment, so being comfortable around cats is essential. The ability to work with & lead a team is necessary for this opportunity.