Social Media Manager for Destiny Helpers Outreach
Hunger Free America
Position Summary: We are looking for a talented Social media manager to administer our social media accounts, enhance our brand and build strong online communities through our various social media platform. You will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers. You will manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing goals.
As a Social media manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively. The candidate must be able to commit 10hrs/ week to the position. The work can be done remotely
Ultimately, the candidate should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
· Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
· Design and implement social media strategy to align with organization goals
· Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
· Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
· Collaborate with others such as our website manager and online store manager to ensure brand consistency
· Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
· Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
· Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
· Have access to a computer/ laptop with Wi-Fi
· Proven work experience as a social media manager
· Hands on experience in content management
· Excellent copywriting skills
· Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
· Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
Knowledge of online marketing channels
· Excellent communication skills
· Analytical and multitasking skills
Interested in this volunteer opportunity? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Hunger Free America
50 Broad Street, NY, NY 10004, US
HUNGER FREE AMERICA is a national nonprofit group building a nonpartisan, grassroots membership movement to enact the policies and programs needed to end domestic hunger and ensure that all Americans have sufficient access to nutritious food.
HUNGER FREE AMERICA (formerly known as the New York City Coalition Against Hunger) is a national nonprofit group building a nonpartisan, grass-roots membership movement to enact the policies and programs needed to end domestic hunger and ensure that all Americans have sufficient access to nutritious food.
Our long-term goal is not just to ameliorate the problem, but also to build the people’s movement necessary to enact the economic and public policies needed to end hunger entirely. Given that hunger drains our economy and tears at our moral and civic fabric, we know that eliminating it will boost the nation both economically and spiritually. Towards that end, we’ve adopted the motto: "Ending hunger lifts us all."