Grant Writer for Destiny Helpers Outreach
Hunger Free America
Position Summary: The Grant writer will identify new grant opportunities that will be impactful to the organization, discuss them with the Executive Director and the CFO, then pursue the opportunities that the organization determines best fit their needs
The Grant Writer is a team player that can commit 10hrs/ week to the position. The work can be done remotely.
The ideal candidate is a trustworthy, organized, detail-oriented team player with excellent research, and communication skills (writing, editing and oral). He/ She should be an enthusiastic self-starter who can successfully manage multiple deadlines and researching. Having a passion for the mission and vision of DHOI is a necessity.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
· Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs and financial needs of the organization
· Research grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies
· Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization
· Submit proposals to Executive Director and CFO for approval
· Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals
· Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders
· Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities
· Have access to a computer/ laptop with Wi-Fi
· A minimum of two years experience in grant writing
· Excellent knowledge of proposal submission and fundraising process
· Ability to study and understand programs and funding requirements of the organization
· Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources
· Multitasking, organizational and time management skills
· Ability to handle confidential matters with utmost integrity
· Working knowledge of computers
Interested in this volunteer opportunity? Email your resume to email@example.com
About Hunger Free America
50 Broad Street, NY, NY 10004, US
HUNGER FREE AMERICA is a national nonprofit group building a nonpartisan, grassroots membership movement to enact the policies and programs needed to end domestic hunger and ensure that all Americans have sufficient access to nutritious food.
HUNGER FREE AMERICA (formerly known as the New York City Coalition Against Hunger) is a national nonprofit group building a nonpartisan, grass-roots membership movement to enact the policies and programs needed to end domestic hunger and ensure that all Americans have sufficient access to nutritious food.
Our long-term goal is not just to ameliorate the problem, but also to build the people’s movement necessary to enact the economic and public policies needed to end hunger entirely. Given that hunger drains our economy and tears at our moral and civic fabric, we know that eliminating it will boost the nation both economically and spiritually. Towards that end, we’ve adopted the motto: "Ending hunger lifts us all."