1 person is interested
Spread the joy of Special Olympics in the Glasgow Area! Area Director position available.
ORGANIZATION: Special Olympics Montana
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Special Olympics Northeastern Area is searching for an Area Director!
Do you enjoy leading a team of committed volunteers? Creating meaningful events? Working to make the world more inclusive? Then this position could be for you.
- Area Planning and Oversight: with input from fellow Area leaders, creates and administers the annual plan and budget.
- Meetings: Schedules regular meeting times and locations; develops meeting agendas and collaborates with the Assistant Area Director and SOMT Outreach Coordinator.
- Special Olympics Montana Liaison: Participates in monthly Area Director calls with fellow ADs around the state and SOMT staff.
- Communication: Speaks to the media and community on behalf of the organization
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE:Prior experience with a nonprofit organization or sports organization preferred. Ability to supervise and effectively delegate to other volunteers. The ability to communicate openly and in a timely manner. Must complete Class A volunteer application and screening process through Special Olympics Montana.
TRAINING PROVIDED: by Special Olympics Montana staff. Ongoing training provided annually.
COMPENSATION: Smiles, hugs, and lifelong friendship! This is a volunteer, non-paid position. Allowable expense reimbursements are available.
BENEFITS: Be part of something great and help individuals with intellectual disabilities train for life through sports. Make friends, open hearts, change lives and be part of the Special Olympics movement.
About Special Olympics Montana
710 1st Ave N, Great Falls, MT 59401, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community.
Special Olympics Montana is a nonprofit organization designed to provide year-round, statewide programs of physical fitness, sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and closely related developmental disabilities.
Learn more at www.somt.org.
Multiple locations Glasgow, MT 59230
April 21, 2022
- Event Design & Planning
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Special Needs
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- It is flexible.
- Class A Volunteers are required to get a background check.