Head of Account Management
TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxSeattle , where x = independently organized TED event.
TEDxSeattle is one of the first and longest running TEDx events in the world. Now we are proud to say it is one of the largest as well. In 2019, TEDxSeattle sold out McCaw Hall’s 2,800 seat auditorium, and in 2020, in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic, TEDxSeattle hosted thousands of viewers on their first-ever fully virtual event.
The TEDxSeattle organization is a 501c3 nonprofit and we are currently looking for a Head of Account Management to join our team!
Do you love working with customers and delivering exceptional customer experiences? Are you a master at wrangling cross-functional teams to deliver results for customers on time? Do you live and breathe customer empathy? If so, this is the role for you!
Why participate? Gain the satisfaction of being a critical part of a large, influential event tied to a global brand. Open doors with the Seattle business community of thinkers and doers. Get a powerful resume builder. Serve as an integral part of a supportive, passion-driven community. Be involved with an organization offering a long track record of game-changing events and building community.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build strong, lasting relationships with our strategic partners/sponsors with the goal of renewing their partnership for many consecutive years.
- You will be the primary conduit of information between TEDxSeattle and all of TEDxSeattle’s strategic partners/sponsors.
- Your primary means of communication with partners will be email and zoom calls, and you will need to be able to respond to emails and join zoom calls during business hours and occasionally during nights and weekends.
- You will be responsible for working with various TEDxSeattle teams to ensure partnership deliverables are met.
- Create project timelines that can be shared with partners to ensure everyone is in alignment.
- Ensure that projects that include partners are staying on track and deadlines are met. This even includes projects that are being driven by outside agencies.
- Work closely with the Head of Partnerships to ensure that newly signed partners are kicked off promptly.
- Post-event, you will schedule follow-up meetings with all partners and recap the successes of the event and discuss options to renew their partnership.
- Work with the Head of Partnerships to identify new opportunities to grow existing partnerships.
- 4+ years in a customer-facing role
- 2+ years of B2B account management or customer success experience working with enterprise companies
- (Preferred) Event Management experience
- (Preferred) Experience working in Marketing or Media Sales
- This role pays an annual commission when partners renew for a subsequent year
Next step: Does this role resonate with you? If so, please send us your resume along with an email telling us about yourself and why you are an ideal candidate to join the TEDxSeattle team. Submit resume/email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No applicable, Seattle, WA 98109, US
About TEDx Seattle TEDxSeattle is one of the first TEDx events offered in the world, and is our region’s premier TED-style event as well as the largest in Washington State. Our premiere event is usually hosted at McCaw Hall, where we guide 2,800 people through a series of TED talks, audience activities, and lobby experiences over the course of a day. We also produce a series of smaller TEDx events around Seattle during the year.
TEDxSeattle is a volunteer-based organization that strives to spread ideas worth sharing. In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxSeattle, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxSeattle event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group.