23 people are interested
23 people are interested
The InsightHeart Foundation, Toronto Canada is currently seeking for a legal Intern to work closely with the CEO and team, on legal, financial accounting and regulatory aspects of the non-profit organization.
The primary responsibility will be to assist the CEO on a wide variety of legal matters including laws regulating non-profit organizations, employment and labour law, litigation, tax, IP issues and contract law.
InsightHeart Foundation is a newly non profit organization, founded in 2020 and has representatives in following cities: Toronto, Scarborough, Sudbury, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary and Saskatchewan, still looking for way to reach more community we focus on the below three product
- Helping kids/families in the low-income community with school backpacks.
- Provide clothing to the homeless such as jackets, socks, Mitten boots, water bottles etc during summer and winter season.
- Provide free transportation for seniors/ Cancer Patient medical appointments and grocery shopping
Our team is working from home/remotely due to COVID-19. Our work culture is dynamic, fun, and high-paced.
We are expanding and looking for an eager individual to help create and manage/run the foundation virtually.
This is a volunteer opportunity. Desired Candidate Profile
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Assist the CEO and Cofounders with day-to-day management of legal correspondence.
- Prepare a legal framework and guidelines and procedures applicable to the governance of a non-profit.
- Ensure process design and compliance applicable to Canadian Non profit law and labour law.
- Assist with litigation and regulatory hearings if applicable.
- Conduct legal research, as needed.
- Write memorandums, briefs and other documents in support of Insight Foundation’s work.
- Draft responses to legal inquiries from the stakeholders.
Skills, abilities and experience:
- Law student with interest in non-profit Law and labour law.
- A thorough understanding of the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act.
- Must be available a minimum 10-15 hrs per week.
- Ability to work on a team and independently and establish priorities.
- Entrepreneurial, flexible and ability to be self-guided.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete multiple task requirements simultaneously.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Proficient computer software skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe and Outlook.
Interested candidates, kindly drop your detailed CV at firstname.lastname@example.org,
we will revert to the shortlisted candidates only.
About InsightHeart Foundation
7 Ignatius Lane, Toronto, Ontario M1E0A2, CA
InsightHeart Foundation is a not-for-profit organization committed to providing essentials to vulnerable adults and children within low-income communities.
We look to ease the suffering of those experiencing homelessness by distributing warm clothes and care items; ultimately we hope to help close the poverty gap.
We look to create an 'even playing field’ for school students across Canada by distributing school supplies and everyday essentials to at-risk children and families.
And another even playing field: that all cancer patients and elderly people on low incomes can access the medical treatment they need, by enabling them to reach their appointments.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 20, 2021
- Legal (General)
- Contract Negotiations
- Public Advocacy
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- 6Months Commitment, 10hours/week