Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw or Remote
Position Summary Use your editing skills to collaborate with writers on various JAARS publications and web content. Make an impact in people’s lives as you help communicate the life-changing work of giving people God’s Word. Help tell the exciting and varied story of how JAARS helps make Bible translation, language development, and Scripture use possible-in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
Opportunity for part- to full-time work.
A minimum of 10-15 hours a week is the requested commitment. Your work schedule may be flexible, depending on workflow and turnaround time.
- Proofread text and correct spelling, grammar and punctuation errors
- Verify factual correctness of information, such as names, dates and statistics
- Check text for style, organization, readability (clarity, flow, etc.) and adherence to JAARS editorial and messaging policies
- Suggest revisions to the text to improve clarity and readability
- Maintain and update the JAARS Style Guide as needed
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Excellent persuasive writing and editing skills
- College degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- One or more years of writing/editing work experience
- Must provide three samples of personal writing and perform a copy edit of a sample article
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, including Review features, and Google Docs
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.