Volunteering in Nepal - Women Empowerment Volunteering in Nepal
Volunteer Society Nepal
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Women’s Groups Experience the happiness and gratefulness of women who are learning to read and write with your help.
Join us for our 3 or 4 week special Volunteer and Tour Nepal program and volunteer at our Women Center!
Help empower women through education, support and training. In Nepal child labor (especially of girls), domestic abuse, and sexual exploitation is common. Girls are kept illiterate, making them financially depended on others. Volunteer Society Nepal has established a women center where women can learn to read, write, learn math and more. We also give them skill training and empowerment workshops.
What does a volunteer do?
To develop the women’s groups, VSN involves you in the following volunteering activities in Nepal:
- English & Computer teaching: Teaching of English language and ICT is the most effective program taking place. Volunteers can create and deliver English and Computer lessons. VSN provides several reference books for this. The classes are divided into three categories: Basic, Intermediate and Advanced.
- Women’s support education: Present information to the members about relevant women’s issues in Nepal or globally.
- Health Education: Hold an educational program on home hygiene and family health.
- Grant Writing: Search for and apply to grant making foundations that will support the planned activities at the Women’s Centre.
- A market analysis for potential projects: Conduct a market analysis of skills, products or services. Take steps towards making these income-generating activities.
- Do a value chain analysisfor potential projects: Perform a value chain analysis for a viable industry, product or service. Determine how the members can fill roles from basic production to marketing and vending
- Business Training: Educate the women in financing, accounting, or business development for the enterprise in question
Do I need any qualifications or skills to do this work?
It helps if you have some experience of teaching or giving workshops, but if you don’t have this, then being a pro-active and enthusiastic person is important.
About Volunteer Society Nepal
Purano Sinamangal, Kathmandu, Nepal 4232455, NP
Volunteer Society Nepal is founded on a dream. That brave and generous volunteers from across all backgrounds from Nepal and abroad could work together.
At the height of the conflict in Nepal in 2004 we gathered a team of Nepalese development workers. We also invited foreign social activists and foreign volunteers to come and help. Together we combat the shortages in education, healthcare and women’s rights. We believe we can do this quicker and more efficiently than the existing international organizations. Our work has taken on a new dimension following the devastation of the 2015 earthquake. We have since doubled our efforts to sustain and increase our humanitarian projects.