MATTERbox Volunteer Facilitator (Unpaid Position)
Are you looking for a rewarding volunteer opportunity that will allow you to give back to the community in a meaningful way? Are you a self-motivated individual who enjoys working with others and managing projects? If so, then MATTER is looking for you! MATTER is a global nonprofit organization that helps launch projects that improve communities. In the United States, MATTER collaborates with community partners to provide healthy food, and we rely on our very generous volunteers to pack the food.
Early in the pandemic, we developed the MATTERbox Volunteer Kit so our volunteers can continue to pack in the safety of their homes. Because of its overwhelming success, we need an individual to manage the operation and support the efforts of the MATTERbox team. You will be trained in all aspects of the operation. You need to be available during daytime hours between Tuesday -Friday, but specific days and hours can be flexible with your schedule. If you want to put the DO in DONATE and enjoy the satisfaction that comes from helping others, this opportunity is just what you're looking for!
- Manage the assembling of the MATTERbox Volunteer Kit
- Refill supplies
- Help keep the packing area organized, clean, and sanitized per our COVID-19 protocol
- Train new volunteers on the packing process
- Communicate with the MATTERbox team on a regular basis to ensure the process is running as smoothly as possible
- Assist in miscellaneous MATTERbox operational needs
- Must be comfortable lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Able to speak confidently with small groups up to 12 people
- Communicate positively and in a timely manner
- Share a passion to serve others and fulfill MATTER’s mission of improving communities
- Must adhere to MATTER's COVID-19 protocols which include wearing a mask, distancing, hand washing, and sanitizing your workspace.
- As most of the work will be done in our warehouse, MATTER's warehouse protocols must be followed: wear closed-toe shoes and no operating of machinery.
- Must complete MATTER's Volunteer sign-in form before starting, which will include a release and waiver of liability.
Contact Joy Altmann Projects & Events Director, firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter or interest and a resume .
7005 Oxford Street, St. Louis Park, MN 55426, US
MATTER is a non-profit on a mission to increase access to health, next door and around the globe.
We believe the simple act of being resourceful can change the world. By rallying around this cause, we help people see the value of what is in their own two hands. Together, it's our calling to deliver opportunity, resources, and restorative aid to those living in scarcity to create a world where we all matter more.