1 person is interested
Alert! Disaster Preparedness Presenter Leads NEEDED!! Prepare & Impact Your Community Virtually!!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
We provide appropriate preparedness programming within a community to assist community members to prepare for home fires and other disasters VIRTUALLY. This position is responsible for supporting and engaging the members assigned to "Prepare with Pedro" team, which includes ensuring assigned volunteers are provided with outstanding support and management:
- Supervision- providing supervision to assigned volunteers including ensuring assigned volunteers are engaged in regional activities by assigning tasks to complete function activities, regular and ongoing communication of opportunities, discussing level of involvement and development, providing timely feedback and coaching;
- Welcoming/orientation to Disaster Cycle Services and the volunteer's functional area for Prepare with Pedro;
- Helping new volunteers know which training they need to complete
- Recognition for successful completion of tasks
- Evaluation of performance in completing assigned tasks
- Follow all standards and procedures for implementing and delivering Prepare with Pedro in the region;
- Work with volunteer services to recruit volunteers and ensure all presenters are trained according to program requirements;
- Work with all Red Cross lines of service to build a robust outreach and community engagement program
- Work with other volunteers so presentations are successfully scheduled and staffed appropriately
- Consult with regional communications and marketing teams to promote the program and to coordinate other media coverage needs
- Coordinate presentations in the same zip codes as the Home Fire Campaign, and build community partnerships with organizations like Boys and Girls Clubs and YMCAs, as well as other disaster partners
- Attend all training webinars and workshops, at the beginning of the program period, led by the national headquarters team, and complete other required tasks, such as inventory counts, in a timely fashion
- Ensure all data is reported to the national headquarters team each month
- Provide national headquarters with ideas, stories and lessons learned that could improve the program, and coordinates these stories with those being reported for the Home Fire Campaign.
- Approximately three to four hours per presentation (includes travel, setup, and presentation). Suggest making presentations a minimum of once a month at the start, to refine skills and keep
knowledge and presentation skills sharp. (VIRTUALLY) as of now.
- Red Cross will provide all necessary training!
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter
10600 N Trademark, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting lifesaving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
November 3, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Community Outreach
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- FLEXIBLE!! WE will work with you!
- Complete 5 hrs of online training and training volunteers throughout San Bernardino County, San Diego, Orange, and Riverside Counties (Virtually) Opportunity.