Bernadette's House, Inc.
Bernadette’s House, Inc. ("BH") is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Mentoring Chair that
is passionate about girls mentoring for nonprofits!
The Mentoring Chair implements the mentoring component of BH and reports to the
Membership Committee Board Member.
The BH Mentoring Program is a weekly mentoring program for middle and high school girls.
The BH Mentoring Program exists to provide mentoring and placement for new volunteers and
young girl mentees. The Mentoring Chair is responsible for creating weekly mentoring topics
focused on three main themes: leadership, growth, and confidence. The Mentoring Chair will
meet with mentors and mentees once a week to discuss weekly topics.
This is an unpaid position.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and résumé to Kaila@bernadetteshouse.org.
What You’ll Do
* Create a general plan for the year’s mentoring efforts, with the approval of the
Membership Committee Board Member and Vice President of Internal Affairs.
* Work with the digital marketing and communications staff to widely communicate the
mentoring opportunities to all BH members and potential members.
* Recruit volunteer mentors.
* Hold monthly meetings with mentor volunteers to discuss monthly goals and topics.
* Recruit student mentees.
* Maintain a list of mentors and mentee participants.
* Create pairings or groupings of mentor/mentees; check in on mentors and mentees on
progress, readjust as necessary.
* Organize the mentoring activities and host weekly mentoring meetings with mentors and
* Coordinate quarterly educational field trips for mentees.
* Create and deploy satisfaction evaluations at the end of each program year; share results
with Membership Committee Board Member, to be distributed to the Executive Board.
About Bernadette's House, Inc.
306 Montgomery St, Laurel, MD 20707, US
To provide a safe and supportive environment for young girls to explore their purpose in life.
Bernadette’s House, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) faith-based charitable nonprofit organization that was founded in October 2012. Our volunteer staff is dedicated to providing a safe and supportive home-like environment for preteen and teenage girls who live in and around the Laurel, Maryland area. Careful consideration is made to match each girl in our program with a mentor who is dedicated to developing a nurturing relationship that encourages the mentee to venture on a journey of self-discovery and "dare to dream" of a life full of possibilities. Our program is designed to foster the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills that will enable the girls to make life choices that will have a positive impact on their future.