40 people are interested
Let's Do Lunch!
ORGANIZATION: MEALS ON WHEELS OF EASTERN ONONDAGA COUNTY INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
40 people are interested
Kitchen Volunteers Needed
Each weekday morning, teams of Meals on Wheels of Eastern Onondaga County kitchen volunteers assists our cook in preparing both hot and cold meals and packaging them for delivery. Your time and effort make a difference in our community!! Every time you prepare a meal for Meals on Wheels our clients immediately benefit from the nutritious meals and the love, concern, hope and friendship that you offer.
Job Duties may include:
- Assist in meal preparation, as directed by cook, in a clean and safe manner
- Package meals for clients, insuring accuracy in content and labeling
- Load coolers for delivery by route, insuring completeness and accuracy
- Wash dishes, clean and sanitize work areas
No food service experience is needed; our professional staff will guide you. Volunteers should enjoy working in teams and be able to adhere to safety and health codes, stand for long periods of time and work within time constraints. Weekday availability between 8:00-12:00. Teams are split into 2 shifts, preparation in first shift, packaging and clean up in second shift. Social distancing and mask wearing required.
- morning / 08:00 AM to 10:30 AM
10:30 AM to 12:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About MEALS ON WHEELS OF EASTERN ONONDAGA COUNTY INC
7248 Highbridge Road, Fayetteville, NY 13066, US
Meals on Wheels of Eastern Onondaga County’s mission is to provide nutritionally balanced and delicious tasting food to people unable to prepare or provide healthy meals for themselves; enabling healthy independence and facilitating aging at home.
Our Volunteers offer Food & Friendship, delivering hot and cold meals five days a week to anyone in need of tasty, nutritionally balanced meals for any reason. We serve the East Syracuse, Minoa, Kirkville, Bridgeport, Fayetteville, Manlius, Jamesville, DeWitt, Fabius, Pompey, LaFayette, and Tully communities.
- We visit almost 200 of your home bound neighbors every day
- We serve over 100,000 meals annually
- More than 200 of your caring neighbors volunteer with us
- Grateful clients receive nutritionally balanced and delicious tasting meals that they would not be able to prepare for themselves
- 92% of seniors receiving Meals on Wheels in NYS say it helps keep them independent and at home
7248 Highbridge RoadMOW Site within Good Shepherd Lutheran ChurchFayetteville, NY 13066
December 1, 2023
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Substitutes needed with a few hours availability on week day mornings.