4 people are interested
Disaster Response Volunteer - Vinton County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Volunteers Needed to Help Respond to Local Disasters!
Have compassion to share?
Want to make a difference for someone in need?
Can you make some time to help in your community?
If you answered yes to these questions, we need you as a Disaster Responder in your local community! Disaster Responders work as part of a team to provide 24-hour response to local disasters, primarily home fires or other events that would make a home unlivable. Ensure that when your neighbors have experienced such events, that have basic necessities such as shelter, food and clothing. Become the best part of someone's worst day!
Volunteer with the American Red Cross, Disaster Cycle Services team TODAY!
- Willingness to support the Red Cross Mission
- Must commit to and be available to respond on-call when you register for a shift
- Ensure clients affected by disaster have their immediate needs met
- Be cooperative and professional
- Conduct client interviews
- Assess damage in homes
- Provide needed resources to clients
- Request additional resources/help when needed
- Able to communicate between email and telephone
- Must be 18 years or older
- Have reliable transportation
- Ability to provide one-on-one support to persons in crisis
- Willing to respond as needed in challenging conditions (i.e. all weather types and long hours)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds
- Maintain confidentiality
- Basic computer skills
- Ability and willingness to learn the computer programs used to provide services
- Willingness to use personal cell phone when needed
- Ability to complete all required training in a timely manner
Training is provided at no cost. The Red Cross asks that all Disaster Action Team Members complete all essential training and volunteer a minimum number of hours a month.
If interested you can apply by visiting, https://www.redcross.org/volunteer, scroll down the page and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check.
For question please contact Rebecca Chandler, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
Multiple locations McArthur, OH 45651
August 31, 2022
- Disaster Response
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time varies based on needs in the community - you choose the shifts you register to work - shifts are never assigned
- Stand/Sit for two-hour periods, Walk for two miles during a shift, Work in extreme Heat/Cold and/Humidity, Climb two or more flights of stairs, Speak clearly on the phone and in person, Drive in daytime and at night