Strategic Planner Position
CROSSOVER COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Crossover Community Development (COCD) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that supports the integration of immigrants and refugees in the Dayton, OH area. We are seeking passionate and outgoing individuals to work in our Strategic Planner. His responsibilities will include:
- Shaping the company’s overall business strategy
- Developing strategic plans and assessing company performance
- Conducting research and data analysis to inform business decisions
We are looking for a Strategic Planner to define our company’s direction and develop plans to realize our business objectives. You will help us maintain our competitive advantage and allocate resources appropriately.
Strategic thinking is the most important skill in this role. You should also be analytical with strong organizational abilities. If you also have experience in market research and business operations, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will help our organization adapt to changes and grow.
- Understand and shape the company’s strategy and mission
- Develop plans to materialize strategy and analyze business proposals
- Research competition to identify threats and opportunities
- Assess the company’s operational and strategic performance
- Align processes, resources-planning and department goals with the overall strategy
- Provide support and insight into significant organizational changes (e.g. shift in strategic focus, mergers, and acquisitions)
- Educate senior executives in making effective decisions
- Construct forecasts and analytical models
- Monitor and analyze industry trends and market changes
- Proven experience as a Strategic Planner or Business Consultant
- Understanding of market research and data analysis
- Knowledge of business operations and procedures
- Demonstrable strategic thinking abilities
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance or a related field; MSc/MA/MBA is a plus
About CROSSOVER COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
PO Box 531, Dayton, OH 45401, US
VISION: Cross Over Community Development is a gateway to self-reliance, confidence, and dignity for immigrants, refugees, and underserved communities. Mission: Cross Over Community Development is a resource center for immigrants and underserved community that provide educational services and employment opportunities in the greater Dayton area.
Cross Over Community Development is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting immigrants and refugees in re-establishing high-quality lives for themselves and fully participating in the life of their new community.
Cross Over was named after the idea that African immigrants and refugees cross from areas of absolute poverty and come to the US with the hope of accessing opportunities, create wealth and escape poverty. Unfortunately, they find upon arrival here barriers after barriers mostly linked to their lack of functional skills, cultural awareness, appropriate education, transferable job skills as well as social connections and they get stuck with the first survival job they get upon arrival here, unable to move to the next level, many become underemployed and end up assimilating in the underclass which prevents them from realizing their dream of creating money, prosperity, and success.
It is against this backdrop that volunteers who have been involved with new immigrants’ issues formed a nonprofit called "Cross Over Community Development" intended to empower them with employment skills and job creations so that they can improve their quality of life and self-sufficiency. Our outreach programs to break the generational poverty will target both immigrants and underserved communities.