Marketing & Communications Assistant
Are you a passionate, organized and marketing-minded administrative talent who wants to make a difference in the world? Bring your enthusiasm and talent to ROCKBlue (rockblue.org), an international non-profit with a global team of change makers working to bring sustainable clean water and sanitation to urban areas in developing countries - now in sub-Saharan Africa and later in Asia and Latin America. As our marketing assistant, you will in administrative and project management support to ensure smooth operation of the marketing department as we tackle the global water crisis by expanding our impact this year from reaching over 5 million people in 5 countries to more than 30 million in 7 countries.
How you’ll help
Collaborating closely with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) on all marketing, communications activities.
- Provide administrative support to CMO, including scheduling meetings, team monitoring, general oversight (of weekly and long-term tasks, projects and initiatives) and special projects.
- Assist with organizing and managing marketing campaigns (web, social media, email).
- Conduct online research, posts (blog and third-party websites) and email outreach to various constituents to support marketing efforts.
- Assist with departmental digital files in G Suite.
2+ years of experience in a marketing and/or administrative support role.
- The ability to multitask, manage time effectively, meet deadlines, and learn new systems, processes and skills.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, organization and collaboration skills.
- Experience working remotely as part of a small team.
- Experience working in a start-up non-profit, company or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
- Can work a minimum of 4 hours a week for at least 6 months.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
601 Foothill Road, Ojai, CA 93023, US
The core purpose of ROCKBlue is to improve the lives of the urban poor in the developing world by supplying water and sanitation for all. ROCKBlue partners with the water and sanitation utilities that supply the basic amenities of water and sanitation to the urban poor. We empower our partner utilities by being a connector and service provider. The result of these partnerships are healthier cities that support the well-being of the local communities and economy thus improving lives.
ROCKBlue aims to solve the growing gap between reliable water supply and accelerating urban demand. We are a nonprofit that leverages a large network of highly experienced specialists. ROCKBlue focuses on strengthening the ability of water and sanitation utilities to provide these services to the poorest in cities and towns across the developing world.
ROCKBlue accomplishes this mission through respectful and mutually beneficial partnerships with both public utilities in the developing world and with the international donors and lenders supporting these utilities.