Dallas Pets Alive!
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a UI Designer, you'll be responsible for designing interface layouts for various online and application formats across DPA.
Reports to: the Marketing Director and the Executive Director.
Works with: Position primarily requires digital interaction with the technical and leadership team, however, volunteers are encouraged to volunteer at events occasionally and meet other individuals in the organization to get a better idea of what the organization works for and represents. Occasional face to face meetings may be required to review designs
- Working with the technology team to design wireframes and similar layouts for a variety of online formats, including responsive layout website pages, tablet applications, and mobile applications
- Collaborating with other volunteers including the leadership team to receive feedback on proposed designs and also to provide designs to the technology team to implement
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- Must have existing experience with UI/UX design
- Ability to work virtually and provide own design software such as Photoshop
- Local candidates in Dallas/Fort Worth metro area strongly preferred
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
- To be considered, please be sure to also complete our volunteer application athttps://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in Dallas after studying the best practices of other cities (most notably Austin, Texas). We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we do not duplicate work of other agencies. We focus solely on the pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.