94 people are interested
Conduct Weekly Check-ins on Homebound Seniors via Phone
ORGANIZATION: Sourcewise - Community Resource Solutions
Please visit the new page to apply.
94 people are interested
**California Residents Only, Preferably from Santa Clara County**
Sourcewise Ambassador Program
Human connection, fellowship and friendship is good for the mind and soul. Volunteers bring a little joy and companionship to homebound seniors in our community. Are you a natural nurturer who loves good conversation? The Sourcewise Ambassador Program is a perfect volunteer opportunity for you. Whether it’s a few minutes or an hour, a wellness call helps our elders feel connected during these uncertain times.
By joining our Ambassador’s Program, you will positively impact our fellow community members’ lives by helping to prevent social isolation and loneliness-two of the most prevalent issues affecting seniors today due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.Volunteer Duties:
- Conduct calls to a short list of seniors on a weekly basis.
The calls may range from a few minutes to longer, depending if the senior is open to friendly conversation with you or prefers to keep the wellness calls brief as just a check-in call.
- Log in time spent on calls by submitting an easy online Microsoft Form
- Provide updates to Volunteer Coordinator
- Bilingual volunteers needed (not required); especially Spanish, French, Russian, and Chinese speaking.
We ask for California residents as Volunteers due to our background check process. Unfortunately, we are unable to include volunteers from other states due to being unable to perform an out-of-state background check.
About Sourcewise - Community Resource Solutions
3100 De La Cruz Blvd. Suite #310, Santa Clara, CA 95054, US
Our mission is to provide adults and their caregivers the tools and services they need to effectively navigate their health and life options. Through a comprehensive network of resources, Sourcewise strives to educate, prepare, support, and advocate for all adults, their families, and their caregivers within Santa Clara County.
Since 1973, Sourcewise has provided services and support to seniors in Santa Clara County. At Sourcewise, we continue to support seniors and caregivers as we expand our reach to include persons with disabilities and all adults in Santa Clara County. We aim to inform, educate, and prepare all adults within Santa Clara County to better navigate their health and life options.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 15, 2022
- Data Entry
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum time commitment: 1 hour training and orientation required + 1 hour per week for a total of 8 weeks spent on wellness calls.
- Must be residing in California, preferably Santa Clara County resident. Applicants are preferred to have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and be able to actively use their e-mail address with a stable internet connection.